We represent clients in all areas of entertainment law, with an emphasis on film, television and new media.
We act for producers of all sizes, distributors, individual talent, rights holders, and financiers.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Intellectual property acquisition and protection
- General corporate matters, incorporation and shareholder agreements
- Production matters
- Production financing
- Distribution matters
- Branded content deals
- Accessing Canadian tax incentives
- Structuring and financing of digital media and new media projects
- Structuring of International Treaty Co-Productions, domestic productions and CRTC Co-Ventures
- Drafting and negotiating talent agreements
- Errors and omissions review
- Advice in connection with Canadian and US talent guilds